Join Our Team
- 0% FURIOUS
- 0% BORED
- 0% THRILLED
- 0% SAD
ILLUME is seeking talented, self-starters who are ready to make a change in the world. Learn how to be part of the mainstream American media by taking part in ILLUME's first-of-its-kind platform and nationally recognized media team.
You think you can write? Shoot video? How good can you tell a story using an iPhone? Doesn't matter if you're not a professional. If you have a passion for news, we'll teach you the rest. Just need to be rock star intern with a propensity for digesting large doses of news.
Our interns aren't just stuck doing grunt work like at other media outlets. You'll being writing, shooting photographs, editing video, engaging readers through social media, assisting in site management and conducting research for stories. You are expected to work hard and work smart, but you'll walk away with the skills and know-how to jump into any news room in the country and with a portfolio of work you can be proud of.
Specific duties include:
- Enterprising, researching and writing blog entries and articles
- Posting stories and content
- Finding and inserting links to related content within new and existing articles
- Fact-checking andconducting research
- Participating in research, writing and creation of multimedia content
- Participating in ILLUME's Twitter, Facebook and other social media efforts
- Knowledge of Associate Press Style Guide
- Knowledge of Adobe Suites such as Photoshop and Premier (or strong desire to learn)
- Knowledge of basic email marketing, HTML and CSS (or strong desire to learn)
- Someone who isn't afraid of controversy and getting into a little trouble
Candidates who are currently enrolled in a college journalism or writing program are preferred, though we will consider students in any discipline, along with recent graduates or career changers.
Successful candidates should be savvy with Web and social media technologies.
This is a three- to six-month internship. College credit is a MUST - but we can work out exceptions. Though much of our content focuses on a specific communty, EVERYONE is welcomed and encouraged to apply!
Cover letters are boring!
To apply, write a 500 word article on a current trending news story and email: jobopps [at] illumemag [dot] com. Include "ILLUME Intern" in the subject line.